- The FASLs for asdf.lisp are split up into implementation-specific directories, which avoids a bug in CLISP's handling of invalid FASLs. (Doesn't ASDF2 do this already? Yes, but this step takes place before ASDF2 is loaded.)
- (ql:system-apropos "foo") will return results for matching project names. For example, (ql:system-apropos "slime") will return the swank system.
- System definition searches have been changed slightly; system file names will only be returned as a result of an asdf:find-system if the file's name matches the name given to asdf:find-system.
- A few unreachable code notes shown in SBCL have been eliminated.
- More metadata and documentation included on the Quicklisp system and each Quicklisp package
- A new function, QL:WRITE-ASDF-MANIFEST-FILE, is available to write out a list of available Quicklisp system files for Buildapp to use.
- edit The required ASDF2 version has been bumped down to 2.011. This fixes an issue with Quicklisp failing to load an ECL-specific ASDF file. The latest ECL should work fine now.
I've tested this update on many different combinations of CL implementation and operating system, but I haven't tested every possible combination. If you encounter any trouble installing or updating Quicklisp, please let me know by opening a github issue.